Subaru Legacy GTX 1997
- You replace the battery
- Your battery drains to zero or beyond
Upon battery replacement, the blinker lights flash on and off. Similar to the hazard lights, but slower.
- Recipe 1 [unverified]
- Run a lock/unlock cycle with the keyfob remote.
- Recipe 2
- Engine off
- Remove the negative terminal of the battery
- Key in the ignition, turn key to “position 3″ just before ignition
- Reconnect the negative terminal of the battery
There must be 20 seconds between Steps 2 and 4.
- Lights are not flashing,
- Recipe 3 [unverified]
- Something incomprehensible about flipping the ignition key into “position 3″ (on and off) five times in a single second.
I used Recipe 2
Parking Lights Flash after disconnecting battery; In Subaru Outback Forum; 2010-09