Caltrain Peninsula Corridor Electrification Program (PCEP), Caltrain Modernization Program, 2014-2019 (2020-2021 by some statements). <- www.caltrain.com/electrification
- Fact Sheet, 2 pages
- Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ), 6 pages.
- Caltrain Modernization; On YouTube; 2014-02-11; 3:30.
- Rep. Jackie Spier,
- Rep. Anna Eshoo
- Wayne Scanlon, Caltrain
- Marian Lee, Caltrain
- The project has commenced.
- It is not fully funded
<quote ref=”FAQ“>Approximately 75 percent of service between San Jose and San Francisco will use EMUs. The remainder will use diesel locomotives. Full conversion to EMUs for the San Jose to San Francisco service will occur at a future time when funding is secured and the remaining diesel trains reach the end of their service life.</quote>
- All trees will be removed that 10 feet or closer to the overhead power grid.
- California High Speed Rail Authority (CHSRA)
- Caltrain Modernization (CalMod) Program
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Communication-Based Overlay Signal System Positive Train Control (CBOSS PTC)
- Diesel Multiple Units (DMU)
- Dual-Mode Multiple Units (DMMU)
- Electric Multiple Units (EMU)
- Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
- Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
- DEIR (Draft EIR?)
- FEIR (Final EIR?)
- Federal Transit Authority (FTA)
- High-Speed Rail (HSR)
- Overhead Contact System (OCS)
- Right-of-Way (ROW), Caltrain ROW
- Tier 4 Diesel Locomotive
- Traction Power Facilities (TPF)
- JPB (probably Joint Powers Board)
- Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT)