Everything you’ve heard about millennials is wrong; Chris Osterndorf; In The Daily Dot; 2014-08-02
Everything you’ve heard about millennials is wrong; Chris Ostendorf(sic); In Salon; 2014-08-02.
Teaser: They’re stunted, privileged, lazy and ruining the institution of marriage according to a new study. It’s all bunk
- Turns Out That Under-25s Are Smarter and Safer Than Ever; Elizabeth Kulze and Matthew Conlen,Matan Gilat; In Vocativ; 2014-07-29.
Teaser: Young adults today might not be able to find a job, but they’re better behaved than they have been in the past 20 years. Less badass or more mature? You decide
- Millennials: Crack Down on Coke, but Hands Off My Food Trucks; Emily Levy; In Vocativ; 2014-07-11.
Teaser: A slightly partisan survey of U.S. millennials reveals what sort of involvement the generation wants from its government
- Movies (evocative of an era)
- “How Millennial Are You?”; Pew Research Center.
- William Strauss, Neil Howe; Generations: The History of America’s Future, 1584 to 2069; Quill; 1992-09-30; 538 pages; kindle: no, paper: $0.01+SHT; previously noted.
- William Strauss, Neil Howe; Millennials Rising: The Next Generation; Vintage; 1st edition; 2000-09-05; 432 pages; kindle: $16, from: $0.01+SHT; previously filled.
- Trend Ticker: Ahead of the Next Wave; Peter Francese; In Ad Age; 2003-09-01.
- Peter Francese is the founder of American Demographics (Magazine).
- Generation X
- Generation Y
- Jean M. Twenge; Generation Me: Why Today’s Young Americans Are More Confident, Assertive, Entitled,—And More Miserable Than Ever Before; Atria Books, reprint; 2007-03-06; 304 pages; kindle: $11, paper: $0.01+SHT.
- Ron Alsop, coins “trophy kids”
- The Me Me Me Generation; Joel Stein; In TIME Magazine; 2013-05-20; paywalled; previously noted.
- Why Our Generation is the Unhappiest; Manchari Paranthahan; In Some Blog entitled The Brock Press; 2014-03-18.
- Kathleen Shaputis, coins “Peter Pan generation.” (refuses to grow up)
- hookups, blah blah blah
- The Outsiders: How Can Millennials Change Washington If They Hate It?; In The Atlantic; 2013-08-26.
Teaser: Young people are eager to serve and to change the world. They just have no faith that public service or elected office are the way to get it done.
- The Millennials’ Moment: Why 2014 Does Matter; John Zogby; In Forbes; 2014-07-27.l
- Dear Millennials, We’re Sorry; Frank Bruni; In The New York Times; 2014-06-08
- Every Every Every Generation Has Been the Me Me Me Generation; Elspeth Reeve; In The Wire; 2014-05-09.
- tl;dr => rebuts The Me Me Me Generation (Joel Stein, In TIME, 2013-05-20)
- Brent W. Roberts, Grant Edmonds, Emily Grijalva; It Is Developmental Me, Not Generation Me: Developmental Changes Are More Important Than Generational Changes in Narcissism—Commentary on Trzesniewski & Donnellan (2010); In Perspectives on Psychological Science; 2010-01; Volume 4, Number 1; 2010-01; pages 97-102; paywalled.
- Class of 2014; Economic Policy Institute.
- bad at work
- cloaked in irony
- addicted to technology
- have unconventional sex
- worship Netflix
- messing up marriage
- other Americans
- financial crisis
- student loans
- Bush era
- “selfie generation,”
- how much
- don’t love
- Drug and Alcohol Use: The National Institute on Drug Abuse;
- Teen Pregnancy: Center for Disease Control and Prevention;
- Abortion Rate: The Guttmacher Institute;
- High School Dropout Rate: National Center for Education Statistics;
- Youth Crime Rate: Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention;
- Youth Unemployment Rate: The Economic Policy Institute;
- Higher Education Enrollment: The Economic Policy Institute