Factory default. Initiates a short disk test that takes approximately 5 minutes, then begins a 10-minute time-out period waiting for RAIDar. During the 10-minute time-out period, the system can be powered off safely without causing any data loss. After 10 minutes, or if you select the factory default option with RAIDar during the time-out period, the factory default process begins. WARNING! The factory default reboot process resets the unit to factory settings, erases all data, resets all defaults, and reformats the disk to X-RAID2.
Acquiring the Boot Menu
- Turn off the device.
- Use a paper clip to press in and hold the reset switch on the back of the unit, power it up.
- Continue to hold the reset button for 10-30 seconds while powering on the device until the Boot Menu prompt appears on the display
- Remove the paperclip from the reset switch.
- Push the “Backup” button on the front panel to navigate through the menu to the Factory Default option.
- Press the reset button at the back with your paperclip to confirm the menu selection and proceed to that option.
- Boot into the console (see instructions below)
Operating the Boot Menu:
- Factory Default
- OS Reinstall
- Tech Support
- Skip Disk Check
- Memory Test
- Test Disks