- New York, NY
- Farmington Hills, MI
- Celebrity Mental Health
- Associate Faculty at the Michigan School of Professional Psychology (MiSPP).
- Bachelor of Arts in Language and Communication from Hampshire College.
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Public Affairs from American University.
- Alumna of the MA and PsyD programs from the Center for Humanistic Studies.
- Staff psychologist at the Center for Creative Living, Royal Oak, MI.
- She is a former TV journalist, covering Capitol Hill & the White House for CNN, WRC-TV in Washington DC.
- Attended for ~15 years ref
- Shambhala International meditation training
- Harvard University Continuing Program in Meditation and Psychotherapy
Concepts & Curricula
- The Mindfulness Initiative of Mindfulness and Psychotherapy, a curriculum at the Michigan School of Professional Psychology (MiSPP).
- Mindfulness, Meditation and Health at Graduate School of Mind-Body Medicine., Saybrook University.
- Journal of Phenomenological Psychology
- The Esalen Institute.
- American Psychological Association.
- Ready for the Close-up: Celebrity Experience and the Phenomenology of Fame; Chapter in: Kylo-Patrick R. Hart (editor); Film and Television Stardom; Cambridge Scholars Publishing; 2008-01-08; 390 pages; kindle: no, paper: $65+SHT, $55+SHT.
- The Huffington Post, a regular column.
- Ambassador Magazine, a regular column.
- The New Existentialists (magazine); 2012-05-07, 2012-01-26.
- PsychAlive, a regular column, videos; YouTube: PsychAlive
Mindfulness in Everyday Life: A Female Call to Arms to Be Yourself; In the celebratory output of The Third Metric: Redefining Success Beyond Money & Power, a women’s conference; In The Huffington Post; 2013-11-06.
- Sex in the City
- Stepford Wives
Mindfulness in Everyday Life: Personal Power — Believe in the Power Within and Use It; In the celebratory output of The Third Metric: Redefining Success Beyond Money & Power, a women’s conference; In The Huffington Post; 2013-06-23.
- Friedrich Nietzsche, The Will to Power
- The Tao of Pooh
- Daniel Goleman, Emotional Intelligence and Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships
- Carl Rogers
- Rick Warren‘s book, A Purpose Driven Life
- Pema Chodron
Space and T houghts; In The New Existentialists (magazine), of Saybrook University; 2012-05-07
- Pema Chodron. (2010-10-15). Smile at fear: Finding a true heart of bravery with Pema Chodron. Retreat conducted at the Craneway Pavilion, Richmond, CA.
- Mark Epstein. (1995-11-30). Thoughts without a thinker. New York, NY: HarperCollins. Amazon: kindle: no, paper: $0.01+SHT.
- Martin Heidegger. (1966). Memorial address (J. M. Anderson & E. H. Freund, Trans.) In Discourse on thinking: A translation of Gelassenheit (pp. 43-57). New York, NY: Harper & Row. Retrieved from http://www.scribd.com/doc/57821049/Discourse-on-Thinking-by-Martin-Heide….
- Clark Moustakas. (1994). Phenomenological research methods. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. Amazon: kindle: no, paper: $63+SHT.
- John Welwood. (2000). Toward a Psychology of Awakening: Buddhism, psychotherapy and the path of personal and spiritual transformation. Boston, MA: Shambhala. Amazon: kindle: $10, paper, $4+SHT.
- J. Stambaugh. (1990). Heidegger, Taoism, and the question of metaphysics. In G. Parkes (Ed.), Heidegger and Asian thought (pp. 79-91). Honolulu, HI: University of Hawaii Press.
Existentialism and the DSM-5: Humanizing Mental Health; In The New Existentialists (magazine), of Saybrook University; 2012-01-26
- A. Corbett & C. Ballard. (2012). Antipsychotics and mortality in dementia. American Journal of Psychiatry (169)1, 7-9.
- M. Moran. (2011-12-16). Senator’s proposal on antipsychotics generates AMA opposition. Psychiatric News (46)24, 1b-28, American Psychiatric Association.
- B. Wampold. (2001). The Great Psychotherapy Debate: Models, methods, and findings. Mahwah, NJ: Routledge.
- J. Wolfe. (2012-01-06). APA cites a need to use practice guidelines when prescribing antipsychotics in nursing homes and foster-care facilities. Psychiatric News (47)1, 7-7, American Psychiatric Association.