Seems to be a blog and artproject promotion site. Lots of HTML5 animation in the name of “Big Data”
Call to Action
- “TED Fellow” types are cool
- “Davos” vsibility
- Conferences and boosterism speeches; activism and “day of action” activities
- Catalyze change (whatever that means)
more … structured
Core Challenges for Democratizing Data
- Digital Trust
- Data Literacy
- Platform Openness and Digital Infrastructure
Via: Heather Dewey-Hagborg project Stranger Visions
- PCR => Polymerase Chain Reaction
- SNPs => Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms
- Genome-wide Association Studies
Referenced, Credited & Related
- Ellen Jorgenson, Oliver Medvedik and Eric Rutledge; RPI; tutors.
- Genspace, a DIY Biology lab in downtown Brooklyn
- Basel Matlab Model; “a research group in Basel Switzerland”; a matlab model
- FERET; a face recognition dataset
- DNA Spoofing; an artistic concept; with Aurelia Moser, Allison Burtch and Adam Harvey
- Kathy High; an ex professor; mentioned for color
- Zcorp printer
Whereas we became aware after a time that there were others in our land
- Notes To Self; (socks) Notes to self® socks are high quality athletic performance socks with positive affirmations on the toes and the bottoms of the socks.
- (the other) Note To Self (blog)
- Note to Self (movie), 2012; amazon
- Note to Self (music); (band) From First to Last
- Note to Self (book); a religious work; amazon
- Note to Self; The Urban Dictionary
- Joe’s Notes To Self; (selfhelp) I’m Joe Peacock, and I write myself notes every single day. I don’t know what took me so long but I finally decided to share them. Buy my stupid books, or read …
- Note to Self; (book) by Andrea Buchanan
Note To Self a book by Andrea Buchanan. Thirty dynamic women share their inspirational stories on Hardship, Humiliation, Heartbreak and Overcoming it All.
Hard not to categorize these under self help.
<quote>notes to self® socks target the subconscious mind – most receptive early in the morning and late at night – improving your thoughts, actions and performance! Made in the U.S.A.<quote>
- Rental $4
- Note to Self (IMDB), 2012
- <quote>A “Coming of Age” Film in the Vein of “Love and Basketball” meets “Good Will Hunting”</quote>
- <quote>Curtis King, a handsome and popular student athlete, (Christian Keyes, Madea Goes to Jail) may know his way around the court, but his heart still needs a game plan. When he decides to keep a journal to give his life a new direction, the path leads him straight to the …</quote>
Band: From First to Last
Criticism: loud, blaring, unskilled. Typical of mid ‘oughties grungoid pop music.
Joe Thorn; Note to Self: The Discipline of Preaching to Yourself; 2011-04-07.
A work of the Christian religion.
via Alexis C. Madrigal; Dance as Algorithm: What Happens When an Animated GIF Springs to Life; In The Atlantic; 2012-07-26.
- Cara DeFabio’s dance/performance show, She Was a Computer.
- dancer Sara Yassky (shown)
- reference to Lana Del Rey’s “Video Games,”
- Donna Haraway’s promotion of a cyborg feminism with the motto, “I’d rather by a cyborg than a goddess,”
- Manfred Clynes and Nathan Kline in the paper that coined the term cyborg: “The purpose of the Cyborg, as well as his own homeostatic systems, is to provide an organizational system in which such robot-like problems are taken care of automatically and unconsciously, leaving man free to explore, to create, to think, and to feel.”
- (skit) portrayed by Niki Selken
- (skit) portrayed by Stacey Swan
and promotional on Facebook
A woman on red silk, Johnny Palacios Hidalgo