- Rebel AI
- AdLedger Consortium
- IBM,, anchor
- Integral Ad Science, trading
- MadHive, a boutique
- TEGNA, subsidiary of Premion, a DSP for OTT
- Altice USA
Scope: data share contracts, record transactions in blockchain.
a vetted, trusted media buyer could execute a campaign against segments provided by members of the Comcast consortium</quote>
- Only: NASDAQ
Scope: sells guarantee contracts as futures; not live inventory.
- TV ad buying
- multiple stakeholders
- multi-party contracts
- Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
- “in an exploratory phase”, attributed to Allana Gompert.
All future tense. Very aspirational. Many qualifiers.
- Qualifiers: Still forming, working group, will dictate policy, will dictate API specifications.
- Qualifiers: Not until 2018 [e-o-2018] is “2019,” think: ~600 days
- Qualifiers: is developing, proofs of concept, beta partners.
- <quote>securely share their assets without exporting or handing them over to another stakeholder </quote>
- <quote>And media owners can strike a blow against unauthorized sellers and domain spoofers. </quote>
- <quote>[remove out unwanted supply chain intermediaries </quote>
- Use [unique] blockchain keys instead of gimmicky [URL] names
- Use blockchain <snip/> to log transactions, recording the use of “data”consumer dossiers.
- <paraphrase>[As] Comcast and Cox, [I have] different inventory rates for specific content or audiences, or [as a] buyer [I] wants to blacklist certain supply sources, <snip> each company’s smart contract and dictates how others on the blockchain can access its data. <paraphrase>
- <paraphrase>[As an] advertiser [I] could lock up inventory over the long term and publishers could score bigger upfront deals or offer different types of discounts. And in this instance, blockchain would serve as the ledger recording all of these transactions – and their value. </paraphrase>
- Does. Not. Scale.
- The media business wants transparency.
- The media business requires opacity.
- DoubleClick Ad Exchange
- Ken Brook, CEO, MetaX, a boutique
- Peter Guglielmino, CTO, IBM’s Media & Entertainment Group.
- Alanna Gombert, general manager of the IAB Tech Lab.
- Adam Helfgott, founder, MadHive, a boutique
- Will Luttrell, Curren-C, a boutique; co-founder, ex-former CTO, Integral Ad Science
- Manny Puentes, CEO, Rebel AI, a boutique
- Lou Severine, CEO, NYIAX CEO
- government-backed legal tender
- secured bank vaults,
- blockchain ledger
- guarantee security
- full transparency
- smart contracts
In Ad Exchanger
- Online Advertising Online Advertising Puts Another Link Blockchain; 2017-06.
- Coming 2018 Comcast Hopes Spur Data Sharing Blockchain Technology; WHEN?
- Nasdaq Based Ads Exchange Plans Bring Wall St Trading Digital Media; WHEN?
- Modi Media Vets Stake Addressable TV Firm Multi Mvpd Buys; WHEN?
- AdLedger Consortium, in data trading around OTT
- Rebel AI
- Something about “hoping to develop”, something about brand safety & ad fraud
- On-(block-)chain and off-chain solutions. adChain, a protocol on Ethereum. with Direct Marketing Association Data & Marketing Association (DMA)
- “like legacy data players” Acxiom and Experian; Blockchain Insights Platform; not before 2019.
- Is NASDAQ’s proprietary blockchain; a futures recordation scheme, against The Upfronts. Among ex-AOL VP-levels, Bill Wise, founder and CEO, Mediaocean, is a board member
- Bluemix, a services suite, cloud-blockchain frontrunner. Something about having deep pockets, being able to incur long periods of R&D costs, hoping to recoup on IBM services in other domains, e.g. healthcare and finance.
- A boutique.