Peter C. Evans, Anabelle Gawer; The Rise of the Platform Enterprise: A Global Survey; The Emerging Platform Economy, Series No. 1; The Center for Global Enterprise (CGE); 2016-01; 30 pages; previously filled.
The Center for Global Enterprise
200 Park Ave., Suite 1700
New York, NY 10166
<quote>Given the close proximity, cities around the San Francisco Bay Area include, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Menlo Park, Mountain View, Oakland, Palo Alto, Redwood City, San Jose, Santa Clara and Sunnyvale.</quote>
- “The rise of the sharing economy: On the Internet, everything is for hire,” staff, In The Economist, 2013-March-09.
- The companies are Microsoft, Google, Apple, Intel, Amazon, Yahoo!, Facebook, eBay and Salesforce. The patent data is from “2014 Top Patent Owners,” Intellectual Property Owners Association, 2015-06.
- Unicorns, CB Insights, 2015-06
- David S. Evans, “Attention to Rivalry among Online Platforms and Its Implications for Antitrust Analysis”, Coase-Sandor Institute for Law & Economics Working Paper No. 627, 2013.
- Pierre Collin, Nicolas Colin. “Task Force on Taxation of the Digital Economy.” Report to the French Minister for the Economy and Finance, the Minister for Industrial Recovery, Minister Delegate for the Budget and the Minister Delegate for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Innovation and the Digital Economy, 2013.
- “Startups Scramble to Define ‘Employee’,” Greg Bensinger, In Wall Street Journal (WSJ), 2015-07-30;
- Annabelle Gawer, Michael Cusumano, Platform Leadership: How Intel, Microsoft and Cisco Drive Industry Innovation, In Harvard Business School Press, Boston, MA, 2002.
- Annabelle Gawer (Ed.), Platforms, Markets and Innovation, Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd, Cheltenham, 2009.
- David S. Evans, Andrei Hagiu, Richard Schmalensee, Invisible Engines: How Software Platforms Drive Innovation and Transform Industries, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 2006.
- Jean-Claude Rochet, Jean Tirole, “Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets”, In Journal of the European Economic Association 1, no. 4, 2003, pp. 990-1029.
- Geoffrey Parker, Marshall Van Alstyne, “Two-Sided Network Effect: A Theory of Information Product Design,” In Management Science; 51, no. 10, 2005;
- Mark Armstrong, “Competition in Two-Sided Market”, In RAND Journal of Economics; 2006, p. 66
- David S. Evans, Richard Schmalensee, “Markets with Two-Sided Platforms,” In Issues in Competition Law and Policy (ABA section of antitrust law) 1, 2008. p. 667.
- Brad Stone, The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon, Random House, 2013, p. 126.
- Annabelle Gawer, Michael Cusumano. “Industry Platforms and Ecosystem Innovation.” In Journal of Product Innovation Management 31 no. 3, 2014, pp. 417-433.
- Kevin Boudreau, Andrei Hagiu, “Platform Rules: Multi-sided Platforms as Regulators,” in A. Gawer (Ed.), Platforms, Markets and Innovation, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, Mass, 2009, pp. 163–191.
- The Emerging Platform Economy, The Center for Global Enterprise
- Quid Web Intelligence
- Private Company Financing Data Sources, CB Insights
- Trading Platforms, Thomson-Reuters-Eikon
- Platform Strategy Research Symposium, Questrom School of Business, Boston, 2015-07-09.
- CJ Arlotta, SAP Global Partner Summit 2015: ‘Value Drives Volume,’ Talkin’Cloud, 2015-05-04.
- Marco Ceccagnoli, Chris Forman, Peng Huang, D. J. Wu. “CO-CREATION of value in a platform ecosystem: The case of enterprise software.” In IS Quarterly, Vol. 36, No. 1, 2012.
- Naspers Group Profile
- Rocket Internet;
Mission Statement: “Our Mission: To Become the World’s Largest Internet Platform Outside the United States and China”
- Entrepreneur in Residence Program, Rocket Internet
- Andrew Karpie,The Future of Talent Acquisition in the Emerging Platform Economy, The Research Platform, a blog, 2015-09-23.
- “Dallas-based Teladoc launches successful IPO,” Jim Landers, In Dallas Morning News, 2015-07-01.
- “Johnson Controls opens energy-efficiency app marketplace,” Jennifer Kho, In GreenBiz, 2012-11-13.
- “Daimler acquires transportation apps RideScout and myTaxi,” Katie Fehrenbacher, In Gigaom, 2014-09-03.
- Rajiv Leventhal, “Walgreens, MDLIVE announce expansion of telehealth platform,” In Healthcare Informatics, 2015-06-19.
- “How Arivind Sivaramakrishnan is driving the digital agenda at Apollo Hospitals,” Sneha Jha, In The Economic Times India ETCIO.Com, 2015-05-18.
- Apollo Hospitals launches Ask Apollo – a first of its kind medical platform in the country for remote patient care press release, Apollo Hospitals, 2015-10-19.
- Dean Quinn, “Tizen: The operating system that could thwart Android?” In Techradar, 2014-01-21.
- Geoffrey Parker, Marshall Van Alstyne, Sangeet Paul Choudary, Platform Revolution, How Networked Markets are Transforming the Economy, W. W. Norton & Co. forthcoming.
- Baruch Lev, Suresh Radhakrishnan, Peter C. Evans, “Organizational Capital: A CEOs Guide to Measuring and Managing Enterprise Intangibles”, The Center for Global Enterprise, New York, NY, 2016-01.
- Play a Game, Get a Date: The social apps taking China by Storm, Peter Schadbolt, In CNN, 2014-09-16.
- “Four reasons why Google bought Waze”, Peter Cohan, In Forbes, 2013-06-11.
- “Google’s Competition is Amazon, Not Apple,” George Baroudi, In InformationWeek, 2014-01-24.
- “Google’s ‘Rivalry’ with Amazon? It’s Complicated,” Seth Fiegerman, Mashable, 2014-10-14.
- “Amazon to Stop Selling Apple TV and Chromecast”, David Streitfeld, Katie Benner, In The New York Times (NYT), 2015-10-01.
- “Insurance Bureau of Canada Pushing to Get Uber Drivers Covered,” Sean Silcoff, Jacqueline Nelson, In The Globe and Mail, 2015-10-13.
- Günther H. Oettinger, “A Digital Single Market: The Key to Europe’s Industrial Leadership in the Digital Economy,” speech at ICT2015, 2015-10-20.
- Annabelle Gawer, “What Managers Need to Know about Platforms”, In European Business Review, 2011-Fall.