Scott Ahronson; Eigenmorality; In His Blog entitled Shtetl-Optimized; 2014-06-18.
<quote>Again, I think Rebecca Goldstein’s Plato is completely right that such a system, were it implemented, couldn’t possibly solve the philosophical problem of finding the “ultimate ground of justice,” just like Google can’t provide us with the “ultimate ground of importance.” If nothing else, we’d still need to decide which of the many possible eigentrust metrics to use, and we couldn’t use eigentrust for that without risking an infinite regress. But just like Google, whatever its flaws, works well enough for you to use it dozens of times per day, so a crowd-sourced eigendemocracy might—just might—work well enough to save civilization.</quote>
- Jon Kleinberg
- Tyler Singer-Clark; Morality Metrics on Iterated Prisoner’s Dilemma Papers; Senior Thesis; Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT); 2014-06-13; 12 pages.
- tscizzle/IPD_Morality at github
- Tyler Singer-Clark is Ahronson’s senior-level advisee.
- Utilitarian Ethics
- Prisoner’s Dilemma
- Iterated Prisoner’s Dilemma (IPD)
- Robert Axelrod; The Evolution of Cooperation; Basic Books; revised edition; 2006-12-05; 264 pages; kindle: $10, paper: $17.
First published when? Refers to studies done in the 1970s.
- Robert Axelrod; The Complexity of Cooperation: Agent-Based Models of Competition and Collaboration; Princeton University Press; 1997-08-18; 248 pages; kindle: $24, paper: $34 (used: $10).
- Anatol Rapaport
- start by cooperating
- do whatever the opponent did last
- eigenmoses [-1,1]
- eigenjesus [0,1]
- Democracy is an eigenvalue problem
- Scott Ahronson; Why I Am Not An Integrated Information Theorist (or, The Unconscious Expander); In His Blog; 2014-05-14(ish).
- Rebecca Newberger Goldstein
- Rebecca Goldstein; Plato at the Googleplex: Why Philosophy Won’t Go Away; Pantheon; 2014-03-04; 480 pages; kindle: $10, paper: $24 (used: $5).
- prediction markets
- Robin Hanson
- SEO industry
- Sepandar D. Kamvar, Mario T. Schlosser, Hector Garcia-Molina (Stanford); The EigenTrust Algorithm for Reputation Management in P2P Networks; In Proceedings of the International Conference on the World Wide Web (WWW); 2003-05-20; 12 pages.