Administration Discussion Draft: Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights Act of 2015; The Office of the White House; 2015-02-26; 24 pages.
- Personally Data
- Personally-Identifiable Information (PII)
- De-identified data
- Covered Entity
- Control [to control data]
- Delete [to delete data]
- Customary Business Records
- Context [Respect for Context]
A definition of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is enumerated
<quote>“Personal data” means any data that are under the control of a covered entity , not otherwise generally available to the public through lawful means, and are linked , or as a practical matter linkable by the covered entity, to a specific individual, or linked to a device that is associated with or routinely used by an individual , including but not limited
(F) any unique persistent identifier, including a number or alphanumeric string that uniquely identifies a networked device; commercially issued identification numbers and service account numbers, such as a financial account number, credit card or debit card number, health care account number, retail account number; unique vehicle identifiers, including Vehicle Identification Numbers or license plate numbers; or any required security code, access code, or password that is necessary to access an individual’s service account;
(G) unique identifiers or other uniquely assigned or descriptive information about personal computing or communication devices; or [anything else] </quote>
In archaeological order, derivative works on top, more original output below…
- White House Proposes Broad Consumer Data Privacy Bill; Natasha Singer; In The New York Times (NYT); 2015-02-28; separately filled.
- White House Releases Draft ‘Privacy’ Bill That’s Not Very Good; Editor; In TechDirt; 2015-02-27; separately filled.
Tech, privacy advocates wary of Obama privacy bill; Julian Hattem; In The Hill; 2015-02-27.
- White House Proposes Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights; Elizabeth Dwoskin; In The Wall Street Journal (WSH); 2015-02-27; separately filled.