Samsung SmartTVs contain apps which perform unannounced advertisement insertion; specifically the Plex media player, even when playing a users “owned & operated” content.
- Some dude using the self-asserted identity token beans90, a consumer.
- David Chartier, a consumer.
Officially, apparently, none.
Archaeological order, newer derivatives on top; older, more original material, buried below.
- Samsung Ad Injections Perfectly Illustrate Why I Want My ‘Smart’ TV To Be As Dumb As Possible; Staff; In TechDirt; 2015-02-11; previously filled.
- Samsung’s smart TVs are inserting unwanted ads into users’ own movies; James Vincent; In The Verge; 2015-02-11.
- Samsung TVs start inserting ads into your movies; Janko Roettgers; In GigaOM; 2015-02-10.
- Australia only
- a transitory effect; i.e. it has stopped.
- Plex stops half way through and plays a Pepsi ad; some dude using the self-asserted identity token beans90; In /r/PleX, On reddit; 2015-02-10.
- David Chartier; Bought Our Samsung Smart TV Two Months Ago, No …; In His Blog; 2014-01-16 (yes, 2014, one year ago).
- Screen shots (shown below)
- Yahoo Broadcast Interactivity
- Samsung’s SyncPlus App
- Samsung’s Smart Hub
Source: David Chartier