via Alexis C. Madrigal; Dance as Algorithm: What Happens When an Animated GIF Springs to Life; In The Atlantic; 2012-07-26.
- Cara DeFabio’s dance/performance show, She Was a Computer.
- dancer Sara Yassky (shown)
- reference to Lana Del Rey’s “Video Games,”
- Donna Haraway’s promotion of a cyborg feminism with the motto, “I’d rather by a cyborg than a goddess,”
- Manfred Clynes and Nathan Kline in the paper that coined the term cyborg: “The purpose of the Cyborg, as well as his own homeostatic systems, is to provide an organizational system in which such robot-like problems are taken care of automatically and unconsciously, leaving man free to explore, to create, to think, and to feel.”
- (skit) portrayed by Niki Selken
- (skit) portrayed by Stacey Swan